View Single Post
Old 01-09-23, 12:28 PM   #102
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Way to go. Way to go?

For the time being I would stick with Virtual Desktop as the to-go-to-app. Even if it gets plenty of Flak for changes in always-online policies recently.

This is the explanation trailer for Virtual Desktop from 6 years ago. Content has been added since then, the app is in constant development. I must say the app has always flawlessly worked for me, both in the Oculus Rift and now the G2 Reverb. I use the Steam version. The developer gets since some month plenty of Flak for having changed some background business policy, I am not in full knowledge of what goes on there, I do not care either, it seems that some DRM stuff was added and made it necessary for the app to work that there always is aninternet connection, they say it does not run without internet anymore, but I do neither care, nor think it was ever any different. I use it a lot for Youtubing, and then I obviously need online connectivity anyway. It is the best way to watch 360° videos that I know of, all other apps I tried for that were more complicated and failed in delivering results.

Virtual Desktop (app)

Last edited by Skybird; 01-09-23 at 12:44 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote