View Single Post
Old 01-08-23, 05:39 PM   #699
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

11 October 1943

Celebes Sea
USS Seadragon took a shot at IJN Oyodo, the lead ship in a SAG of 1 CL 5 DD. All 4 torpedoes missed, and Seadragon ended up taking light damage from the destroyers before evading.

CENTPAC
Raids on Tinian resulted in a general tender damaged and a mine tender sunk. The Avengers hitting the troops were mostly ineffective.

USS Scorpion was bombed by enemy patrol aircraft and is headed to Brisbane for repairs.

Our patrol aircraft reported 2 hits on submarines this turn. Looks like they're thinning out. It'll be interesting to find out just how many enemy subs were lost patrolling the Mariannas coast during this operation.

China
Land combat against retreating enemy units near Kwelin resulted in 1973(J) to 337(A) casualties.

The enemy offensive in China, it's safe to say, as been a complete failure. We only lost one base, Kiukang, but this is an insignificant loss. I could take it back, I'm not not sure it's worth the supply expenditure to do so. One thing he did accomplish was cause me supply shortages all over China, to the point some bases are having trouble maintaining defensive CAPs.

Reinforcements
No.89 Sqn RAF arrives at Aden
18th FG/419th NFS arrives at Eastern USA
160th USA Base Force arrives at San Francisco