View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 12:26 PM   #180
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
So, demanding "free speech" does not include everyone? Thanks for making clear what everyone already knew about the "conservative" mindset.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, Twitter is now a private owned company, so the owner of the company gets to make the rules correct?

FYI: I consider twitter to be the modern day equivalent of the supermarket tabloids of the 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Good effort.

Unlike certain others I understand that the concept of "free speech" is

a) granted by the government to the people, not by the webmaster to the troll and

b) free speech is not just my right to say what I want, but everyone's right.
a) you are misunderstanding the purpose of the Constitution in general, and the first amendment in particular then. Please note that "Congress" is prohibited from "abridging" free speech That right is reserved to the citizens themselves.

the following is posted for your edification:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

b) While you have the "right" to say what you want, you should also understand that if you utter something someone else finds egregious or offensive, there will be consequences headed your way ranging from censure to incarceration, depending on the nature of the speech.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote