View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 03:00 PM   #4499
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
I don't know, and -quite honestly- like many people I don't think anyone really believes the promises politicians make (unless people are really daft). That age group simply is of the opionion that the democrats are more likely to do something for them, or rather that the republicans are simply more likely to ******* them over (and over).
Then why do politicians make promises they don’t or can’t keep if not to sway voter opinion? How else do people come to the opinion that one party is going to screw them over if don’t they believe the party telling them that?

Quote:
This all implies the Republicans are the wiser choice.
They are not.
I said the children become wiser as they get richer and older. And I thought the stats YOU provided showed that.

Quote:
And I get the impression that you think that young people have the same opportunities you enjoyed a few decades ago. They don't. Most people start at the bottom, I agree with that, but young people these days are far more likely to remain at the bottom, no matter what they do, no matter how much experience and skills they aquire.
Political jargon aside the percentage of low income families hasn’t fluctuated more than four or five points up and down since 1964. The middle class they say is shrinking but again getting past the political jargon the reason is that so-called middle class income earners have gotten smaller is their incomes have more than tripled since the eighties placing them in the upper middle class.

Low income/ and to some extent lower middle class wages since the seventies has only risen 12% that is a problem but it has also been offset somewhat by reduced costs of certain goods and services, sans current inflation of course. It could also be remedied by collective bargaining, reduced health care and educations costs. But the opportunity for success still exists some just to get off their lazy arse and work it. The other 85 percent higher wage earners did.

The idea of relying on political parties to raise taxes as the answer so they get a free ride isn’t a solution.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-15-22 at 06:59 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote