View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 01:42 PM   #4497
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
All well and good. My apologies, initially I was speaking specifically of ‘false promises’ made by a party which may have influenced a certain age group.. And in response to your answer I made a mistake to answer to ‘issues’ rather than what other ‘promises’. So allow me me to rephrase the question. What other promises were made which may have influenced the 18-29 year old age group?

I don't know, and -quite honestly- like many people I don't think anyone really believes the promises politicians make (unless people are really daft). That age group simply is of the opionion that the democrats are more likely to do something for them, or rather that the republicans are simply more likely to ******* them over (and over).

Quote:
But in response to the ‘issues’ for 18-29 year olds concerning income inequality and not getting enough teet time. It’s a fact of life most all Americans start out at the bottom, and over the years as they acquire experience and skills, they rise up. Which IMO is reflected in the statistical information from CNN. I think it’s safe to say as the children begin to see through the political jargon, and become older, wiser and richer they seem to vote Republican.

This all implies the Republicans are the wiser choice.
They are not.

And I get the impression that you think that young people have the same opportunities you enjoyed a few decades ago. They don't. Most people start at the bottom, I agree with that, but young people these days are far more likely to remain at the bottom, no matter what they do, no matter how much experience and skills they aquire.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote