Old 11-05-22, 08:23 AM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 426 View Post
Hello and thanks for the information.

Whenever i try that mod ' larger stopwatch' i get a file not found data menu gui bearing_big.dds message :/

on a smaller monitor, you are frustrating your eyes.

Totally agreed thats why id like a bigger stopwatch..

Am on a 1440p 27 nano ips no way i play at 1080p buddy ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
If you only need to increase the stopwatch, then replace the text in the file menu_1024_768.ini
[G29 I1] - [G29 I19]:
mazzi's posting, and your troubles, points out that there are differences between the various versions of SH4, as in the v1.3 disk, v1.4 update, and the v1.5 U-Boat Missions (aka: Gold). The menu ini file is different, especially from v1.4 to v1.5, which is one possible reason that stop watch mod does not function in your install. It also makes the Stock's (and TMO) 'clock' a 'stopwatch' only. To do what mazzi suggests (recommended), copy the "Data / Menu / menu_1024_768.ini" file into another similar folder stucture in a mod, such as "MODS / MyClock / Data / Menu /menu_1024_768.ini" and do your editing on that copy, then activate your edits with JSGME. If things do not function correctly, de-activate the mod and try more edits. "Lather, rinse, repeat"

Remember though, that the game does not display pixel for pixel on your 1440 monitor. Watch the difference between the Stock game's splash screen when you first install the game, and you are at 1024x768 resolution. The "stair-stepping" isn't as noticeable as it is at 1080, much less 1440. Larger screens display the shortcomings of the game's limited graphics (old DirectX v9.0c). You might not see quite as much of the "world in a 1080 display as in the 1440. The difference is 360 lines, or roughly 1/3 larger overall in the 1440, but most items and text are readable at 1080. If you do not want to attempt the edits mazzi has above, then give the 1920x1080 setting a whirl, and see what you think - in the game, NOT in Windows.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote