Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 10-31-22, 05:06 PM   #1641
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
OK so I know you can go into the save files and edit the boat number and name within the class of boat you are assigned but does anyone have tips or experience changing assignments within the file to get to a new boat at the right time?

Let me give an example - I have started a career as Otto Kretschmer in U-23 a Type IIB in 1. Flottille at the very beginning of the war but then in early 1940 transfers to command U-99 a type VIIB in 7. Flottille. I know I can apply for transfer but how do I edit that transfer to get to the right place in the right class of boat.

Even more challenging is the career of Erich Topp who starts in U-57 (IIC) and then moves to U-552 (VIIC)for 10 patrols but then there is a span of over 2 years before he is in command of U-3010 (XXI). How do I get that to happen in the game?

As you can tell I am a history student so I really like to mirror as close as possible the historical careers of real commanders. My next question is can I modify the area assigned for a particular patrol to replicate the careers.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give - including - no way - you can't do that.
alas, SH4 will not players to follow the career of any real Uboat Kapitan.
additionally, unlike SH-Pacific Campaign, there are very few boat upgrades that can happen when playing DW.
the best way to enjoy SH4-DW is to select an Uboat and a campaign theater and play it until it ends. then play another boat/campaign someplace else.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote