View Single Post
Old 10-19-22, 04:38 PM   #4184
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Me too. Not sure it would be legal even if it just applied to businesses, but the biggest question in my mind would be who makes the determination as to what is misinformation or not?
I mean if you make an account as a seller, or not terminate it, you're bound by the agreement/contract, so I guess in that sense it is legal, since you agreed to it.
As to the determination what is and what isn't misinformation, since I don't think they'll go around themselves looking for these specific violations, they will have to rely on user reports about it and follow up on that.
I guess you'd have to fight that in court if you can prove you were wrongfully charged the 2500$ for providing false, inaccurate or misleading information as it is termed. And Paypal would probably be on the hook for a good chunk more than that, since they'd also suspend your account and you can't receive payments, so they better be damn sure a report about this to them is accurate, even if they have big pockets.
Even if corps aren't our friends, they're definitely friends of their bottom line, so I don't think they'll go around suspending accounts and charging people over that willy-nilly.
VipertheSniper is offline   Reply With Quote