View Single Post
Old 10-04-22, 02:09 AM   #10
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Thanks for the update Glad to see everything is working smoothly for you behind the curtain
I think that "official" compatible mods are one f the best ways to tailor your experience, and since you alreayd seem to be contemplating a scalable experience for users (From watering your feet in the pool to diving with sharks) that is probably a good tool for that purpose.

I had some pet ideas long ago for the improvement of sensors, they did not make it past the planning stage as real life caught up with me, but I would gladly send you the concept per PM if you guys are still in a phase where that could be considered. Cheers and good hunting
Hi Hitman. It is always good to hear from you, my friend.

I will be happy to look at what you would like me to see regarding the sensor elements you were working on.

An example of optional mods already included in GWX 3.0 that we will be removing, is the "English Nav Map and Grid Refs." As it relates to GWX users, in screenshots and videos I don't think I've ever seen it being used.... so we intend to remove it to shrink the number of included optional mods. Our intent is to have as few as possible in that folder.

As far as "official compatible mods" are concerned, it is possible that after the release of GWX-KC we may make additional official parts in-house that may be added. However, there was a time years ago where that idea was attempted after such requests were made by modders external to the GWX development team. Even though the attempt was made in good faith, it resulted in quite the uproar when one mod or another made by someone in the community wasn't approved due to function breakage. The amount of time involved inspecting and testing external mods was also prohibitive. So lesson learned. We stopped trying to make everyone happy because it cannot be done. Everyone did start the idea with well-meaning.... but it just didn't work.... and caused holy hell.

Thank you for your kind words though, shipmate. Things are going very well behind the curtain and I am VERY glad to see that you are still around! There aren't many old hands still here, and it seems that our ranks get thinner by the year.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote