Old 10-01-22, 05:38 PM   #595
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post

No secret. Just logic. If the Flotilla dates is different, the game most likely will not run. The first place I look is in the Flotilla.cfg files. Most times the issue is in there, as in my current case. Barring that, it is trial and error while attempting to resolved the issue.

I remembered I had included, long ago, a WAW mod for U-flotillas config files so we had a August 1939 start date and other corrections for our needs at the time. It is part of my overlay of a mod ( most are enhancements for my own gratification and eye candy ) NYGM. It never caused an issue as I had used several time, long ago, the NYGM Black Sea Campign, but that was just NYGM 2.5 and no updated files for ships and planes and the like as Fifi has now provided. ( Not sure why WAW file had a November start date. )

I tested Fifi's Black Sea mod before release, with the straight out of the box, current version at the time, of NYGM Enhanced, and it worked just fine. Saves and all. This was done without my NYGM mod overlay. So it is not Fifi's mod that is creating the CTD in my case.
Just went through the Flotilla.cfg &... there is no 30th Flotilla... but rather instead, notated "33rd Flotilla"...

.txt info, from that flotilla:

Flotilla7=909
TO7=944
NbStartingDate7=4
NbDate7=4
Emblem7=data/Emblems/SubEmblems/Flotillas/33rd flotilla.tga
NbBases7=2
Base7_0=760;Constanza
Date7_0_0=1942
Month7_0_0=10
Date7_0_1=1944
Month7_0_1=7