Old 09-11-22, 02:24 AM   #1177
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
<snip>

Glad could inform you on the periscopes. Actually a interesting process of evolution, trial and error the periscopes went through before and during the war. Feel free to ask any questions may have.

Yes, modding community have enhanced SH 4 from a "half assed" and bug filled attempt at a decent submarine simulation to what I consider still the best WW II submarine simulation (especially for fleetboats) around today.

I have no idea about the dutchman riding high(its a stock vessel), probably ran into it twice in the sim and ignored it both times.
I figured the Dutchman was riding higher in the water because ghost wood is lighter then real wood because of the ectoplasm content... or something like that.

If in the future SH-4 ends up as abandon-ware<sp?> somehow and all the MODers finally get a “look behind the curtain”, do you imagine it will go threw a whole new round of more in depth and extensive MODing? The things that could be done... just imagine...

I guess the answer to that would depend on when it will finally go abandon-ware. And also if in the meantime a new WWII U.S. sub sim where to come out that could replace, or even just compete with SH-4, then that would negate the need to extend its life even further.

It never ceases to amaze me how many German U-Boat WWII sims there are, and how few WWII U.S. submarines in the Pacific sims there are. Why is that I wonder? I am sure the U-Boat sims are great and all, but I just can't get into them. U.S. subs in the Pacific on the other hand, I have been playing SH-4 almost non-stop (because of all the wonderful MODs) since 2010. The first WWII U.S. Sub sim I played was Silent Service on the Commodore 64... about 1,000 years ago.

As always, thank you for your time.
-StealthRabbit