Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Confluence of events.

Funny coincidence. I am having the EXACT same problem with my periscopes. At periscope depth they are both below the water with one lower then the other, AND I just spotted the Dutchman myself... twice in one patrol. I started a prewar campaign from Manila with a Sargo class and got the U.S.S. Sailfish (ss-192). This info will be a huge help to me as I plan to make another mini-MOD to fix the periscope because manually diving to 55ish feet every time is getting old. I never had this problem before so I am guessing this is a TMO_BH issue because a Gatto and Balao had a similar problem when I wanted to see what the new TMO was like with those subs. Only with them the scopes where not quite under the water but rather right at it or just a half a foot above so in anything but glass calm seas they where still impossible to use at “periscope” depth. Is anyone else having these problems?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\00_Games_SH-IV_A-B-C-D\SH-IV_Alpha\MODS]

Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01
EAX_Clang_Splash
DecoysTMO
AAtoDeckguns+Radio
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
SR_Quiet-Klax

The only 2 I have that are not recommended are at the bottom. When I enable Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton I get no conflict warning so I am pretty sure it's not that, and the last one I made and it just turns the volume down for the dive, emergency dive, and surface klaxons, and I can't imagine that is causing it.

To me the Dutchman seams to sit a little high in the water, but then again, it is a ghost ship.

-StealthRabbit

Section of your post, KaleunMarco bud... in "Magenta", that I highlighted...

*sighs*

Ok, here's the dealio...

That, is NOT an error or an omission of incorrect settings.... it is, rather... an inbuilt safety precaution.

Peri depth, is set a wee bit deeper, so that in the event you were deeper, like... say for example here... 50' below test depth, or a bit deeper & coming back to peri depth... of NOT broaching...

With Me, thus far...

As you're well aware KM bud.... can't (as far as I know of, at any rate... ) set up 2 separate depth settings, as it pertains to Peri depth.

Would be nice, if that were doable, could have 1 for going from surfaced, to Peri depth... & the other, coming back up from deep submergence... to Peri depth, but... don't know of that, being able to be done.

Now...

As to the height difference, between the Obs. scope & the Attack one... NOT sure on that score... don't have tech specs, on what the height of them were... or the differences between them, beyond the obvious... head size & that one let in more light... due to that bigger head... & that the smaller head on the Attack, didn't make it invisible, as it could still be seen, just that it was a wee bit more difficult to spot outright than the Obs. scope was.

See BH's comment about the Peri differences in His post... He explains it in more detail there... than I did.

Hope that helps.... clear the air there on the scopes being under water part... at least. as always.

M. M.