View Single Post
Old 09-01-22, 06:02 PM   #2598
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Your work is a Masterpiece !! I really love your incredible work.
The only thing I have some doubts about is the shape of the Type 23.
Let me explain: in your screeshot the hull shape and the some vents are very similar to the types 27 and 31, but they weren't

Type 23 hadn't that 5 vents right over the torpedo tubes and a net cutter and the anchor should be in a slightly rearward position, because the hull number (very big in that class, like Type 19)

(Only U-25 had that two humps)

Sorry for so many images and for always pointing out for these small details
Anyway except for this small doubt, your work is impressive and outstanding.
Don't be sorry, thank you for the feedback and support! Changes to the model will be my new project for next week. Also, I think I will create versions of the conning towers with the old-style canvas screen you see instead of the metal shield.... based on what I've seen they used the canvas screens early in the war, and later on they used the rounded metal ones. If you look at U-20 which sank "Lusitania", she had a tower with rails for canvas around 1914, but had this replaced if you look at pictures of her wreck in 1916-1917.

After a lot of thought I will not be including user-updated Turms in the mod. There will be minor Conning Tower changes, but they will be equipped automatically and not in base mode. This is for several reasons:

-Too many of the SH4 supermod makers have had problems with CTD's & other glitches due to conning tower upgrades. I aim to make this mod as stable as possible (note how I just spent several sleepless nights getting rid of a museum CTD!) WOTK aims for QUALITY. and Stability.

-There was not a great variety of anti-aircraft weapons mounted on WWI conning towers. In fact I have only seen evidence of Conning Tower AA guns on the UB-I type. With a few exceptions, the blueprints show that AA machine guns were kept stowed and mounted on the bow or stern using a portable tripod if they were needed. Not fixed in place like the AA guns on a WWII Type VII.

-Aside from better crew screens, conning towers either didn't really change that much throughout WWI based on my research ... or the changes are so poorly documented I can't be accurate with them. Hope this is not a big issue.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote