View Single Post
Old 08-29-22, 05:41 PM   #6
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Second try. I think the DD is around the same distance on this attempt. I spam the hydrophone guy every 5 seconds... we are face to face sort of. I wait for him to pass over me. When he is at my bearing 150° and medium range I start to move for a 90° attack. I spam the contact report from my hydrophone guy; nearest warship is moving slow, moving away, medium range... he passed behind me and I am waiting him to be at long range. As soon as he is long range I order periscope depth.
Nearest warship is long range and one merchant is at medium range approaching, looks good, they all still at slow speed.
I raise the periscope. Just above the water line, but there is waves the wind is at 7 km/h. After like 5sec I spot the merchant, a C1 something medium freighter (war supplies). Less than 10sec, he is around 2000 meters, it's night and light fog. Impossible to see something unless you activate the scope green filter. I am about to lower the periscope as he is at my bearing 340. I can launch my torpedo when he is bearing 352...
But before I lower my scope, he lights everything and start to search for me ... yes less than 10sec and even with war supplies it's a merchant...
Seconds laters the DDs (maybe 3) increase speed and come for me...

I quit it's over I guess.
Conclusion : even the merchants are super heroes ^^

I dunno if this merchant is supposed to have the same spotting abilities as the DD just because he has war supplies and he is armed. Yes he has guns. But nonethe less they can spot me easier than me with the night fliter at night with light fog, in less than 15sec..
Rosco74 is offline   Reply With Quote