View Single Post
Old 08-21-22, 08:12 PM   #1598
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Myself...

I set up the Steam game launcher on B drive, (which is hard ported inside of My computer, along with A (which is a CD/ROM drive) & put the library for all games from Steam, into an external drive that I meant to call (or name...) D drive.

After that... I then downloaded SH3, SH IV v1.5 & of course SH5, into the /common folder there inside of:

E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\

From there... ran each SH install, so as to allow then base game to do what was needed to in order for it to run.

After all that, with SH IV v1.5, I could then make copies of it... & drop them into the next part, as follows:

SH-megamods\SH4\OM-DW'sv6

along with JSGME, MultiSH4 & using MultiSH4... created a complete separate game save folder... well away from the base copy SH IV's save folder...

making sure, that before attempting to mod the SH IV copy, that I went into properties... & did what propbeanie outlined, here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

After the game is installed, navigate into that install folder and select the SH4.exe and FileManager.dll files, right-click on them, choose "Properties" at the bottom of that context menu, and clear the tick mark in the "Read-only" box on the "General" tab under "Attributes", if necessary. That allows the 4Gig Patch (or LAA) and MultiSH4v1.5 to function correctly on those files.

Not to mention, allows the mods, through jsgme... to overwrite as they need to...

The Steam install should put all of the correct DirextX v9.0c files in their proper places on your computer, but if you do have a dialog for that, be sure and install it and the Codecs. Then run the 4Gig Patch (or LAA) on the SH4.exe file, and then if doing other modded copies of the game in other folders, run MultiSH4v1.5 so that you can input a different 3-character folder name for the Save folder.

Activate the mod(s) following the instructions for the mod(s), and then if using the original SH4 "Save" folder, be sure and empty it (delete the contents only applicable, if... IF running only 1 copy of SH4 alone... on emptying the base SH4 save folder...), or cut and save it elsewhere for that "Just-in-case" scenario. Do not attempt to re-use old Save data. You should also set your video stream as mentioned above, and set the DPI Scaling properly for your computer gear, which can only be found out from experimentation...

One option you could do, is to run the Stock game prior to doing any of the 4Gig Patch or other extra stuff, just to be certain it functions correctly, prior to applying any mods. Just be sure and empty that Save folder if you do that...

After running the initial install... leave it alone... do NOT mod that copy in \common

This is NOW... your "Gold standard" go to copy... completely virgin.... do NOT mod it... ever... EVER....

did I mention... EVER..???

Hope this... helps...

M. M.