View Single Post
Old 08-18-22, 12:37 AM   #12
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I miss the days of WAW too. I have to admit I haven't played a sub game in several years, though I did load up a fresh install of SH5 a year or so ago. I am in touch with Per and Jen on FB so, could let them know if something happens as far as a reboot of WAW happens.
Great to see another of the Old Guard. Cheers, HW3.

I'm seeing a few more these days, and THAT is GREAT STUFF!

This is just a thought that you can take or leave. Considering leadership though, if the organizers could arrange for about three people, they could tag-team the responsibility of managing operations, with one considered to be senior, for any special circumstances to be dealt with.

I think you have something here, guys. SH3 and SH4 aren't going to be replaced by anything better.... In that respect, the platform field has settled out to what it is going to be, probably for a very long time.

To me, the idea sounds great for those that would like to do something organized and cooperative, but aren't really comfortable with 'live' multiplayer variations.

I think most of the arcade style players have moved on to other pastures, and this is not to say that you must have ultra-hardcore 100% realism style players. Some realism expectations are absolutely called for, but balance those expectations. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am among the ranks of those who still suck at manual targeting. Guard against keeping your requirements ultra-narrow.

Anyway. What do I know.

I actually think that the time ripe for this sort of thing to come back! This is Subsim.com after all!

Give it a go, guys! Start your PM's and emails! Work those Enigma keys!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote