View Single Post
Old 07-30-22, 02:56 PM   #209
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No, I do not know " a hell of a lot" about German nuclear powerplants, but I am capable to do simple basic arithmetics, and I can read. And what I read is that the 6 remaining German powerplants were/are amongst the safest and most modern in the world, the statistics on technical problems clearly show that, and the six powerplants now talked about rank amongst the 10 or 12 safest and modern powerplants in the world today - still so.

When I do a bike tour southwest, i sometimes come into the vicinity of the town of Datteln, which is seat to the most modern and cleaniest coal and newest powerplant in Germany. But it never was allowed to work, due to energy transformation policies. You will not find many coal powerplants with similair low emissions, like this one. It was offered to switch this one on and for it switching off 6 of the oldest and dirtiest coal powerplants we had/have. But the ideologists said "no", and insistedo n that no modern new coal powerplant gets connected to the powergrid, not even if that means to switch six much dirtier and older powerplants off. That is fundamentalism at its finest.

We have build the most modern coal powerplant in Germany here, and one of the most modenr and cleaniest coal powerplants in all Europe. It costed much money. It then got blocked, and got taken off the grid, newer was allwoed t run for a single day, and AFAIK they have now started to dismantle it, or prepare to dismantle it. It was not on duty for a single day. Many older, dirtier coal powerplants still run. Its against all logic. The government now even reactivated BROWN COAL mining and powerplants, which is even heavier in emmissions that charcoal, only so that they want to ignore nuclear power.

This is not any rational position anymore. This is fanatism coupled with irrationalism and criminal irresponsibility.

And Germany is full of such political stunts.