View Single Post
Old 07-27-22, 08:20 AM   #1599
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It is not so bad once a) the transformation to solar and other renewable energy has been achieved (not so soon i guess )
or b) energy sector is switched to nuclear energy (probably not done due to the greens, at least until they begin to hunger or freeze).

As soon as energy for industry and private households is being produced by nuclear power even the electric heating of houses would be possible and not too expensive. Like they do it in France.
And do not say electrical heating is not ecological feasible, after all all the greens want to switch all to electric cars. I guess the energy for all that just comes out of the wall plugs, nothing to worry about.

https://www.focus.de/politik/deutsch...123767281.html

It looks as if the Greens are falling. Now we need to make it not just a temporary, but a lasting, and to-be-increased solution.

Wind and solar have the problem they are not capable to provide stability that is independent from weather and climate, and they are not Grundlastfähig, as we call it in German. Nuclear must be added. Instead the Greens so far want to reactivate charcoal, brown coal (!). How green is that?

One threat there is in nuclear energy, and that is cooling water. Many reactors in france currently are down due to lacking cueling water, their rivers already are too warm. I do nto know to what degree latest reatcor tehcnolgy exiosts that can redcue the need for cooling water, using other colling agents: liquid salt and such.

Elements for nuclear fuel must not come form Rosatom, RUS, but in fact can be delivered from the US, Canada, Australia, Africa - Germany could even produce its own.

We also have gas, and not even just little bits of it, that waits to get fracked. If done, we would be able to produce gas until far into he next century. I did not know that until recently, but now I learned about it.

Diese verdammte Technikfeindichkeit in Deutschland und bei den Grünen... But when it is abotu technology that can be abused for surveillance of citizens, remote controlling their households, and making their consummation habits transparent to the state, they suddenly are for it.

The last Germna company producing rotor blades for windmills, has shut down just days ago. Like solar panels, most of that stuff needed to build windmills now comes form China. For reasons I could not understand even when having a pistol held at my sleeve, they are quite accepting of the idea to move from dependency on Russia into deeper dependency from China. Woudlnt we be better off to stay with Russian gas then? I mean Russian language is easier to learn than Mandarin.

I hope for fusion energy. Until then, its nuclear energy for me - as the main source for energy. Wind and solar to me are additions, not the main players. Its insane to foolishly play around with your energy basics if you are a nation depending on high tech production and industry. Totally insane.