Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Thank you thank you thank you.

For the last 8 years or so I only play TMO. Even with the loss of RSRDC proper it should still be an improvement.

I really need to paruze (sp?) the boards some more. This has only been out a year and I am just now seeing/hearing about it for the first time.

On the bright side however that's a years worth of bugs and other little problems that have already been experienced and then fixed... more or less... so I should have a smoother gaming experience overall. Yea, that's it. Finding out about it a year after it came out is actually better... sure.

I am in the middle of a campaign now that I want to finish (on TMO Classic) before I do a fresh install of the New and Improved TMO. That means I will have plenty of time to read the crap out of all the readmes.

Thanks again for all the work. The drive and dedication of all the moders that have to keep going back and do endless bug-squashing, tweaking, and improving is really something. Different people like different challenges for different reasons I guess.

Thanks again again.
-BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Thanks, believe you will enjoy the updated TMO between my changes and the excellent interiors vickers03 released recently. My favorite part of update is the the more realistic/historically accurate and somewhat dynamic campaign along with ability to conduct historically accurate night surface attacks. Additional ships etc is nice as well.

Yes, was a lot of work but worth it. I still have some things I want incorporate into mod that I have learned since, in so in distant future will be another release of TMO but taking a break for now. Make sure to share experiences etc with new TMO. I really enjoy feedback and it helps in mod development.

Ahoy, StealthRabbit...

To add to what Bubblehead mentions on feedback, which is a BIG help in tracking down issues being reported on, or troubles run into in game... A few helpful hints to make that easier in doing:

1. Including the source of your copy of SH4... is it the proper version, is it installed properly... is a MAJOR BIG help. As it is, there are any # of means to obtain Silent Hunter IV, (the proper version here, to have... of course, being: Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5)

Best installation, is a complete avoidance of either of Window's... "Program files" locations. Better even still, is creating one's own folder well away from them, altogether.

If your source is from Steam, there are a few handy guides in how to go about moving the 'Library' that is created in using Steam... however, there is a means & method that has worked well for Me, in working within the 'Library' set up, & would be happy to outline for you... should 1 care to ask.

2. The next useful set of info that's of help, would be... Is the issue related to a career, a Single Mission... your, deciding to look at the 'Museum', prior to starting either of those options mentioned (Career or Single Mission). Going into Museum mode, then starting off in either option... is a very BIG NO NO.... the sim/game... does NOT take well to doing so.... though, a rare few have mentioned of NOT having issues in doing this... the vast majority of the rest, have. So, best advice here... is to Avoid doing this... EVER.

3. If the issues or problems, are related to a career started... it'd be helpful... to notate what Year, you started off in... from what base your sub is headquartered... as well as what sub you're rolling out in. Equally of import, is if you made any modifications changes to that submarine's equipment, beforehand, too... as sometimes that will... bollux things up.

4. If the issue/s or problem/s, are related to a particular ship... it'd be helpful, to notate just what ship it is... if at all possible, barring that... a making note of the particular area, you encountered the occurrence of said issue/problem, is also equally helpful.

5. Lastly, but... certainly NOT least, in any means, way, shape or size... If issues pertain to the look of the mod set on startup... or in running into CTD's... or other glitches at start up... including a posting of your JSGME mod activation list, is EXTREMELY helpful...

These here, are just the tip of the iceberg... to be sure... as there are other tips & workarounds, but... this will be a good starting point, for now.

Heres to you, enjoying the mod set that is TMOverhauled v.5 BH v2, StealthRabbit (& others).

Fair winds, smooth seas, plentiful targets &... Good huntin'.!

Sink 'em all.!

M. M.