Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 07-13-22, 10:02 AM   #1475
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

It does not look like your mod list would be the cause of the issue CapitainEA. However, looking at your video, I do have a question: what is that program that interrupts your gameplay just before the 46 minute mark? That is a "shell-out to Windows Desktop", and that can cause issues with the game, since it is an old single-core program, written for DirectX v9.0c. It does not understand "multi-tasking" or the cpu powering up or down, etc., none of that 'modern' OS stuff. So when the computer shells-out, sometimes not all of the resources are in the same place for the game to find. I notice also that there is pixelation on the ship's wake there just after the 46 minute mark, and if that is in the game, that is not correct. Of course, it could be a video processing artifact, I don't know, but if it is displaying like that in the game, there is something amiss in the video stream... You might experiment with the SH4.exe "Properties" on the "Compatibility" tab for some of the video settings, and see if anything improves there.

But I am at a loss as to what would be impacting your game, other than game mechanics (bandwidth) when ships and planes spawn nearby, which each spawn will cause a slight "hitch" in the display if you are using much time compression, so as a convoy gets within roughly 24nm, you'll start experiencing little "hiccups" as each ship spawns into the game, and if using high TC, the whole convoy might spawn within a second or two of real time, and cause a noticeable "pause" in the game, but then it should resolve, and then just the bandwidth used for display would impact the game. This is somewhat similar in nature to getting close to a major port with a lot of ships and planes in the area.

What game-date was that video encounter showing? I cannot quite read it in the video. Also, latitude and longitude location?

@ Mad Mardigan: Didn't somebody do a "fix" for the version number display not too long ago?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote