View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 11:01 AM   #30
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Life has changed dramatically over here, studying has re-structured my day dramatically. I assume its indicating somethign good that time is fleeting and hours are flying by. The installation still is the elephant in the rooom, but I love it, and I am VERY happy with the Roland e-piano model I have choosen, the key action is a stunner, allowing a hilarious wide range of dynamic and feeling so real. So, beside the fascination for the musical aspect and the learning, I am also fascinated by the pure technical aspects. The blutooth music and blutooth MIDI links are pure gold, via app I can unleash the full potential of the machine (not that I can make use of it...). ~370 different voices, including natural sounds like wind, water, leafs on a tree, thunder, but also helicopter, machines and engines, rifles and guns, laser cannons, laughing voices, wind blowings, as well as a full set of different percussions, different drum sets and a full jazz drums combo. I did not count too precisley, but around 280-300 of these 370 sounds are musical instruments, however. My mum this morning, and yesterday my neighbour (a hobby pianist) checked the keyboard, and fell flat on their faces, they say they cannot recognise a difference in how it feels. The Roland simulates a grand piano action, that has one or two details added that an upright furniture and wall piano does not have (escape, for example) Even these tiny, minor, easy-to-miss details are there in the Roland.

Exercising a lot, I can almost feel the neurons in my brain getting rewired by the hour, and I currently have a sign on my forehead that reads "temporarily closed due to construction work". I follow my material in one session per day, do finger exercises in another session, and a third session the day is repetition, and fooling around, trying first simple melodies, and first tries to get both hands in synch. Thats the difficult part, the hand synchronisation. And then the disbelief when at the end, unexpectedly, for one run it clicks and everything falls into the right place and you get the sequence right, as if it was playing itself, all by itself, without your will, easily! Good feeling, a flow-experience. I know that self-teaching like I do and internet assistance and epub media and all that has not only pros, but also cons, and that there are aspects in live tutorong that cannot be compensated for this way, but many of these are more relevant for goals that are not nescessarily my goals, and it also helps that I am aware of these differences, so that I can have nevertheless an eye on this. The material I follow also is aware of this and adresses many of these points all by itself.

Day three. I had a very good start, and apparently made only superb choices so far. Lucky start, better the lift-off could not have taken place! The star gate at Jupiter is still far away, but I am on my way into orbit arond Earth for a beginning. And then step by step, always step by step. I enjoy it, i have fun, and I make progress - I already can - slowly - read simple notes and follow them when playing, and do first, - slow but harmonic improvisations: simple jazzy chords with the left, simple, slow melodies one-note-per-time with the right hand. Thats definitely the direction I want to go at: slow jazzy improvisations, slow bar and cocktail jazz, groovy stuff.

Perfect start, all systems green lights, and I love it!