Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 06-24-22, 12:17 AM   #1392
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Killed again

Love this mod, but haven not been killed this much since first played TMO way back lol and that was always by depth charge. Now, none were by depth charge, once was pure luck on enemy's part.

1st career Type VIIB Sep 1939-April 1940

Court Martialed for sinking too many neutral vessels (all in convoys with enemy). I was unaware of this, changed it in DW, no longer happens.

So I started another career in a Type VIIB in summer 1940...freak long range lucky shot from corvette while on surface at night after sinking multiple sips in convoy....hit in stern torpedo...of course with the great damage model...hole in pressure hull means flooding. I was then rammed on surface.

Started another career in Type VIIC In Fall 1940. Excellent patrol, really cleaned up. 90 KM from Lorient, killed by aircraft , direct bomb hit. My fault for underestimating planes of the mod and time period, staying up to gun it out. Although, he was on fire and did crash just after we went under to the bottom.

Spring 1941..Type IXB U-123....ran into convoy in North Atlantic...they zigged throwing their columns all out of whack, I got inside on surface...
sunk four ships....three merchants and one 8500 ton tanker...One torpedo each, damaged (unsure if sunk) two more with stern torpedoes...just after last torpedo impact....large freighter came out of nowhere it seems and rammed my boat.Flooding in three aft compartments. Then to top if off, a armed merchant scored a gun hit on my conning tower. Boat sunk quickly.

So, now restarted July 1941 in Type IX U-43. Back in North Atlantic Convoy lanes.

Love this damage mod, may tweak it a little. Would love to get something like this into current TMO model.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote