View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 03:48 PM   #60
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
This is untrue on all points. How could it not effect them and society as a whole if it is based on unscientific assumptions? And if these unscientific beliefs are taught to children how could that be good? I'll go on record here and say that what you or anyone else believes about sex and gender is your business. I could care less until that moment when I am ask to believe and accept something I know is not true. I wouldn't do that to you or anyone else. Don't do it to me.

Quite wrong on so many accounts (and this "conservative" point of view usually doesn't survive the first contact with climate change).
You are not even asked to accept. You are asked to let others live their lives in peace - which is something you take for granted for yourself, but has been denied to LGBTQ+ (and many others) until very recently.

And I highly doubt you "know" it to be not true. You may want it to be not true, and you might put yourself under the illusion that it can't be true because it doesn't fit your point of view. That doesn't make it not true, however.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote