View Single Post
Old 06-17-22, 07:20 PM   #4767
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

No no... the ~game~ can only use one sensor at a time. Next time you approach a convoy, notice (with Moonlight's mod) the "lines" as you approach - IF the APR is functioning correctly - you should see an APR "Radar signals detected bearing..." message (if they have radar), then you might see "sonar contact, bearing..." (unless it's a plane, of course), but notice that any APR green line is now a black (or blue) sonar line. A bit later, you would get your "Radar contact, bearing..." and the sonar line goes away. When the "painted" target comes into visual range, you will see the radar contact fade away. So it's not you that does the changing, it is the game and its little infantile brain only able to use one sensor at a time ("oh look! a thumb!"). This is also why you do NOT get warned when a DD suddenly turns toward your sub, and the only way you find out about it is when the 5" inch shells punch a hole in the after torpedo room "We're under attack, sir!" Is that Sherlock?? "Well, we told you about it just a short while ago, and figured you had your eye on it"...

I did most of my tests with the APR in the Balao and Gato, so it ~should~ function correctly. I still haven't run through the files though. Surely, something didn't get lost in the translation...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote