View Single Post
Old 06-17-22, 01:56 PM   #4762
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I don't know what's going on there, but in my install, the SD will p/u around 10k yds, the SD Improved will do about 12k yds, and the SV will do 14k, roughly - little more little less... unless the sea is rough, there's fog or rain, or any one of a number of different scenarios. One thing that I have seen happen is I'll get a "Radar contact, bearing 109" or whatever, see a little marker (map contacts on), and it then might drop-out, only to be replaced by a red triangle about 3 or 4 minutes later. "Sorry sir, tube went out!" Are you supplementing your SD with SJ?
SD-1 and SV at the moment. i still do not know exactly how that f6cker got so close before we detected him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Tony in FotRSU carries 3x 100kg bombs (historical??) and 2x 40mm cannons (not historical). The 40mm was used since the 20mm in the game is NOT a cannon. There are also the wing MGs, and there are several "BombDummy" so that the plane will do multiple strafing passes on you. Definitely not something to tangle with. Do you have APR yet?
nobody really had airborne 40mm during the war. the Nazi's had a couple of late-models armed with 30mm and those were devastating.
but i understand your reasoning for putting the 40's into some planes. i don't like it but i understand it.

i do have the APR installed but we have not detected any radar to date, which makes me wonder if it is working. i seem to remember that there is no on/off switch, you install it and it operates. or do i remember incorrectly?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote