View Single Post
Old 06-13-22, 04:51 PM   #4552
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Currently I cannot see the Ukraine being able to launch a major counteroffensive to retake the now fought-over areas. They apparently lack the heavy weapons, the ammunition, and their troops must be even more exhausted than that of the Russians. And these troops are outnumbered, too, get no rest, and now are hard to be rotated in and out. They say the war has degenerated into trench warfare like in WW1. Well, that emans: you do not get any rest at all. And has its toll.

When the battle for Donbass began, they wrote the Ukraine has its best and most experienced troops in there. And they are getting chewed on all time over, have high losses.

They get their best combat units degraded currently.

The Russian firepower currently has overwhelming superiority in the battlezone. Its a question of maths. Artillery superiority is 5:1 to 7:1, write some sources, others go as high as claimning 15:1 superiority. No army can endlessly survive getting hammered by such superior firepower.

Can those 12 Dutch and German Panzerhaubitzen 2000 make a difference? They may be precise, and still, its only 12 pieces of artillery. Can these really make themselves being felt by the Russians like 120 howitzers? I admit I have doubts. Those American triple-sevens may count more, because there are so many more of them.

I think currently the war is no longer going so good for the ukraine, the surprising victories of the first weeks are over. Maybe that better warfoghting will come back in the future - but for that THEY NEED MORE WEAPONS, and AMMO.

The front, said the ukrainian generals yesterday, has a total length of 2400 km. Thats more than twice as long as Germany's length in North-South direction.