Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
1... additional thing...

Take & open up the JSGME for your FotRS-U mod set up, click on 'tasks' there, in the center of the JSGME, scroll down to the last item there in the sub menu that'll show up after clicking 'tasks'... & chose 'export to.. clipboard.

Doing that, will allow you to paste-post the mods activated list, here in a reply back to asking you to do that... so it can be seen just what mods your using, what order they're in... as it could be, that you may have added in a mod that is NOT usable with FotRS-U, & may be that you have 1 or more.. not in the right order of activation...

Either 1 of those, could also lead to running into a CTD, as well...

As can, running the museum, & starting a single mission or career... too.

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Actually I perused the museum for quite a while wanting to check out the new ships. Didn't have any CTDs.
As you can see from previous post everything seemed to run all right.
Started with navigation training mission just to try everything out. Ran it to the end, no problem.
Started a war patrol to check it out. Again seemed to run alright.
Because it was late I decided to do a single mission as stated in my previous post. While I didn't have any CTDs the destroyers I was hunting pulled a Houdini on my.
Game seems to run all right on my system all but for the glitches that didn't have anything to do with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

One really important thing to remember about the game is that, even though there is a menu with Career, Multi-Player, Single Mission, Single Patrol, Museum, as well as other choices, those main menu items I mentioned by name are very similar to "modes" of the game. Not all computers are the same, but generally speaking, if you use one particular "mode" of the game, such as Single Mission, and then decide that you want to see the Museum, after you exit your Single Mission, you should exit the game itself, re-start the SH4.exe, then go into the Musuem. That way, Windows itself clears all of the game's memory buffers completely, and then SH4 starts fresh for the next "mode". You can sometimes do that with no issues, but the Museum does load each and every asset in the game, and does use the most memory of them all.
+1

What propbeanie said, was the gist of My original posting... about that salient point... propbeanie, put a bit more spit & polish on the explanation, than I did when I .... 1st mentioned, about it...

M. M.