Old 06-05-22, 10:36 AM   #1281
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Did a little test with darker nights mod on Dark Waters. Works fine thus far. Of course ultimate test will be when find a convoy to test on but dark nights looks great with mod. Will be a matter of testing and adjusting visual sensors only I believe.

I may do some campaign traffic work, not sure yet. Definitely want to add convoys in 1940, quite curious they seem to be missing. From my reading. Convoys started pretty much immediately, were not slow to start as Japan was for example.

Couple issues...when hit the Y key to cycle tubes, it does this but always takes to the damage control screen.

F9 sends to the radio room. Wouldn't make more sense to put in conning tower where attack scope and in case of the Type 9 I was just in, the obs scope is as well. Im not sure how to do this. Remapping keys and I did not get along well in TMO lol

You, would think so... but... remember, that for the Uboat... The radio room area, was also home to the Uboats... 'ears', as well... aka the sonar equipment.

Which, unlike their counterpart in the U. S. fleetboat service... had that, located in the conning tower on the newer subs. The S class, being the exception which had theirs in the control room... since the conning tower was little more than a means to get to the bridge.

The radio/sonar section, was also where... the Kaleun, went to gather his thoughts when he had some time for... privacy, as well.. though in a more... limited fashion.

Of course, looking at the config of the uboat... it stands to reason, as to the arrangement of it... the radio/sonar set up... was well away from the noisy engine section... which, was important... as noise from the engines... e motors via the props... would interfere with sound pick up. Hence... that narrow 20 degree dead zone.. (10 to each side of 180) as to the rest... well, that depended greatly on the type equipment used... believe there was 1 set up that covered 140-150 degrees leaving a dead zone both fore & aft... & then there was the 1 that allowed for 360 degree sound pick up, with that same read 20 degree dead zone, if the e motors were in use. The down side with that last unit, was... it could easily (more easily than the internal 140-150 side scan unit... ) NOT to say that, it couldn't get damaged... just that it took a bit more to do so.

Yet, while away from the engine compartment, it was still in close proximity to... the control room... or command section.

M. M.