Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 06-04-22, 07:07 PM   #1268
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Have the mod installed. Going to run a few patrols before I start working on adding in night surface attack abilities, want to get a feel for the mod.

I couldnt help but look at the traffic in the ME. Looks like no convoys in North Atlantic until 1941? Didnt Allies start running the convoys pretty much immediately 1940 was the Happy Time yes?

A lot of traffic layers are blank? Is V6 the latest version?

Also, the download link says V6, but title screen says V5..
V6 is the latest version regardless of the splash screen.
Fifi either documented that small blip in the first page of the forum or in a post later on. my installation actually has v 6.7 so there must have been a re-release of some kind.

regarding the traffic layers, keep in mind that all of the DW layers were build by Lurker and Fifi added some for all of the smaller theatres (Black Sea, Baltic, Arctic).
i do not remember a dearth of convoy traffic but that is anecdotal and therefore meaningless.
if lurker kept to the historical record to some degree, the big convoys did not really start until January 42.
if i have a chance i'll take a look. i know that there are many campaign layer files.
i have not played DW in a while as i have been bouncing between the two megas in the Pacific.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote