View Single Post
Old 05-27-22, 05:53 AM   #968
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieReddog View Post
Hi, thanks, I figured it out. (I think).

I'm now trying to stop the time compression resetting to 1 every time I get a radio FOX or FLASH message. I've amended the main.cfg in data as I found on another thread, but it does absolutely nothing to the behaviour. Is this because the mods change things, or because I've installed them wrong, or because I'm doing something incorrectly.

I've yet to figure that out myself, I've made changes but has not worked and have not fooled with it in a while. If I recall, you have to the edit the main in the SH 4 folder (stock game) and in the TMO mod if its in there(I forget if I included it)

I would strongly advise against setting it where radio traffic does not bring you out of Time Compression. Radio traffic has been heavily reduced in this mod, but the messages you do receive are often important. This includes ULTRAS and orders. When running at CT without the stop, you may not even receive these messages and will find yourself in a confusing situation or missing out on important things all together. Really can alter the experience of the mod in a negative way. As mentioned, radio traffic is reduced as I removed a lot of the superfluous traffic. Up to you, but again, strongly advise against it.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote