View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 11:47 AM   #4629
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What KaleunMarco has in the messaging is the orders that are generated upon return to base, using the Save data and the new assignment. Why the gobble-dee-gook for the date is beyond me, but my guess is the game overwrote its own data somewhere and got confused. As to the why remains to be discovered... Whether it was the upgraded conning tower? Adding new AA guns? Dunno. We've been attempting to do further "upgrade" testing here for the future, but I'll add back in the conning towers. It surprises me it gave him a new conning tower, and not a new Balao, which would be too early for that, of course, but the game does ignore those dates usually...
i was offered an upgrade from the Gato to what i assumed to be a Balao very early in 1943. having experienced that issue previously, i declined the opportunity.
a couple of missions later, the conning tower upgrade was applied. i suspect that in another mission or two, the upgrade will be offered again. by then the time frame will be September-October 43. i will probably stick with the Gato until the end.
++
as far as root cause is concerned, i agree with you that it is almost impossible to figure out why the gobbly-gook date occurred and it was probably a core overwrite within SH4 by the ace-designers of Ubi.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote