View Single Post
Old 05-12-22, 04:40 PM   #10307
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Give the bug some heat!

The practically relevant things are in the last third of the video. And Hoh-hoh-hoh, are they common sense! I never understood why people panic when getting a lil' fever. As long as the temp is not life-threatening, let it run, do not swallow stuff to fight it - the fever IS the fight the body delivers to the germ giving it troubles.

When I got a flu or cold in the past, I took a hot shower (no bath tub here), drank hot tea or hot spoicey soup (hot spice helps to raise body temp and getting into sweat), and then packed myself into the bed with a heating pillow. I tried to provoke high temperature and a lot of sweating. The night might not have been fun, even might have brought me a headache from the heat, but the next day I usually was fine again. And no, no Aspirin or Paracetamol against the headache. For it also fights fever temps, and that is not wanted.When provoking or havign a fever: Do not drink if you are not thirsty! Do not think you must forceyourself to drink due to all that sweating if your boidy doe snto signal you it wants to drinbk. The liquid must be processed, the body must redirect energy to that that else it would have used to keep the temp high, and keeping the temp above normal is very energy-intensive. Have you ever noticed that often animals that are sick do not only not eat, but also not drink? To go without drinking for 12 or 18 or 24 hours will not kill you or harm your health, if you have no preconditions alrrady. Not drinking if you are not thirsty helps your body to keep the temperature high.

People who like it: do sauna. Take sessions with infrared radiators. Expose yourself to the warmth outside, and sunshine. Or have a room oven, and lay yourself on it.

Pretty sane things, pretty much common sense.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-12-22 at 04:52 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote