View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 07:53 PM   #855
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I ran into an issue. 1942 got issued a Tambor and transferred to Fremantle. AA gun still has a crew slot but will not move even if its manually done. Deck gun no longer has crew slots. The slots to add them to the gun are all gone. I can use it manually but the loading is like with no crew at all.
So you had a boat, were offered a new boat(Tambor) and transferred to Fremantle? That is a old bug that predates the update or even TMO, that unfortunately I have been unable to fix. Not sure if anyone really has.

I avoid it by not upgrading boats in career. Part of problem is Tambor/Gar deck guns are stern mounted (as they were) and if you upgraded from a boat with a forward mounted deck gun, can cause the issue.

AA gun should not have been effected. Do you have the AA Deck gun mod installed (where AA gun AI will fire at ships?) if so, then it wont move unless deck gun is manned at GQ, unfortunately its only way have found for that to work.

Solutions are....

If familiar with editing the userplayerunit file in the Documents/SH 4 folder, can add the gun slots back. Let me find the instructions for this, perhaps can help. Actually pretty easy.

or reload a previous save and not accept transfer.

EDIT: Try this...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5641
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote