Old 05-04-22, 12:55 PM   #3673
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
'Russians now on site of Azovstal factory'

Russian units have entered the grounds of the Azovstal steel factory in occupied Mariupol this evening. This is according to the group chairman of the largest Ukrainian ruling party.

According to Kiev, there is currently still contact with the Ukrainian military defending the factory. Earlier today, the mayor of Mariupol reported that contact had broken down.

The lastest I have is this and it's from BBC

Quote:
Posted at 17:0317:03
Contact lost with fighters in Mariupol steelworks - mayor
Sticking with Mariupol, the city's mayor says heavy fighting is taking place at the Azovstal steelworks, where Ukrainian forces are defending their last pocket of control in the city.

But Vadym Boychenko told Ukrainian television contact has been lost with the fighters inside.

Around 100 civilians have been evacuated from the plant in recent days, but it is thought hundreds of civilians, including more than 30 children, remain inside.

A senior adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has told the BBC “a storm has begun on the part of the Russians” at the steelworks.

But earlier the Kremlin denied that Russia is storming the industrial complex.

"There is no storming," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, although there are "escalations" when Ukrainians take up firing positions, he said.
I've tried to find information on what you wrote about they have reestablished contact.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online