View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 04:22 PM   #10281
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Supplementing the supplement.

"It would seem to me as though one potential treatment for Covid-19 would be to get some outside exposure." (00:19:50)

Not just vitamine D from UVB, but also intracellular Melatonin from NIR.

Not a paradoxon. Just a requirement of deeper understanding.

I would add, since he mentions the importance of the mitochondria, that its not just about the mitochondria producing intracellular melatonin (almost 20 times as much as the pineal gland!), but also mitochondria producing ATP, the cell's gasoline that drives the body's "economy". Thats why I also prioritize a robust supply with coencyme Q10, it boosts the ATP production. You do not want to be short on ATP, a shortage has a general systemic effect that is not serving for your good. ATP gets consumed as fast as it gets produced, you produce around your body's weight per day in ATP. Since ATP gets produced on demand and does not get stored in significant quantities but gets instantly consumed, you probably do not benefit from trying to boost your ATP production beysond the normal/needed level, maybe that is not even possible, I don't know. But you very likely benefit from making sure your mitochondria are always able to produce the ammount of ATP that is in demand at any given time, and this you can help by taking Q10 in relevant doses. I take 400mg, which is considered a very solid dose. Good quality Q10 is expensive, thats the bad news. There are two forms, an oxidated form (Ubiquinon, cheaper), and an activated form (ubinquinol, by the Japanese company Kaneka, much more expensive). Ubiquinol has a much better bio-availability, the factors found in various studies varied between 3 and 8! The rpice diference is tmepting, but always choose Ubiquinol over Ubiquinon. The bang for the buck ratio is better. If you also supplement Vitamine E isomeres like gamma or delta tocotrienole (do yourself a favour and avoid alpha tocopherole), then have one or two hours delay between the two, do not coinsume them together,m they neutrelais each other, but both are - beside a good omega-3 oil - amonst the most expensive vitamine and mineral supplements you can take. Dont waste your money.

And do not forget that supplements are not called supplements for no reason. They are no replacements, but additions! Eat good stuff. Get exposure time outside. Avoid bad food. Pills and drops are a supplement to all that - not a replacement, not a surrogate!

Last edited by Skybird; 04-27-22 at 04:46 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote