View Single Post
Old 04-23-22, 04:57 AM   #842
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
I had some interesting sinkings yesterday. I fired 2 MK-10s at a DD. He must have seen them because it increased speed. 1 hit in the stern and the other just missed. I went to external view ( I just Love it) and zoomed over to the DD. I could see that the port side prop wasn't turning, on fire and it was slowly going down. It finally went down stern first with the bow just bobbing in the waves. It went under and there were secondary explosions. All of a sudden the bow popped up again for about 15 secs then went under.

Another attack on a DD, I hit it amidships and the stern. It increased speed and started pinging away. Went to external view and watched as it was burning start a slow list to port. Eventually it stopped and continued its list to port until it capsized and went under. His partner moved off and for some reason and stopped. He was probably listening for me. The seas were rough and I had to come up to radar depth to see him in the periscope. I finally worked my way 900 yards of his port side and put 2 MK-10s into him. He increased speed and sank 10 minutes later.

I've always seen ships either sink in 2 pieces, bow first, or stern first. I've never had them capsize or sink then bob back up.

The secondary explosions were pretty cool also and loud.

Nice! Yes, if hit them right, certain vessels will capsize, typically top heavy ships like BB's, CA's, some merchants. DD's, depending on class and where you torpedo them will capsize.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote