View Single Post
Old 04-15-22, 10:28 PM   #804
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Yeah, S of Iwo Jima, N of Marcus to Midway. Using the Donation Narwhal Mod. I read also of subs going to patrol area at Standard speed and then patrol at 1/3 or 2/3 speed which is what I do. With the Narwhal I patrolled at 5kts instead of 1/3 which is 7kts.

I'll load up a save and see if I can make it this time.
lol yes, standard speed in the donation Narwhal is too fast for transit , will burn up speed. Fine for most fleetboats, sometimes have to adjust speed a little due to distance of patrol area i.e. ring up standard speed then use the "knot meter" to set it to 14 knots instead of 15 knots. Still standard speed but that one knot will get a lot of extra mileage. Narhwal is its own beast, being one of the older boats.

Are you using the "Max Range at current speed" tool on the nav tools bar?

This will easily help you find the ideal speed/range balance for patrols. Just plot out your course and once at desired speed click on the button will display you may range at current speed. Sometimes, going too slow will actually burn more fuel and decrease range.

Also, with the frequent dives, make sure when surface to turn off your batteries, as recharging after every short dive will burn more fuel. Batteries automatically charge as you likely are aware.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote