View Single Post
Old 03-01-22, 09:21 PM   #618
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez volador View Post
Hello, it's my first post here. I used to read but not response because i speak little english, sorry. First of all, thank you for excellent job, i really enjoy it Regarding your question, i'm playing with Torpedoes Early_TNT mod, and usually i need two shots or more for sunk a merchant. I recently chased one on surface on a fog day and I shot him from the stern. The propeller and the rudder disappeared but he kept moving forward but he couldn't zigzag. I just had to follow her stern. I needed two more torpedoes for sunk him (plus another one didn't explode)
Thank you again for your work, i really appreciate it

Welcome, glad you posted and thanks for the feedback

Happen to remember the name of the merchant in question?

Did he keep moving under active propulsion or was it just the momentum i.e. drifting ?

Obviously his rudder was destroyed so could not turned. If prop was visually gone, he should have stopped eventually, one momentum ran out. Of course will still hear engine noises usually. Sometimes though, individual ships need certain parts of damage profile edited.

Ah yes, early torpedoes do not pack as much of a punch as later "torpex" torpedoes and do malfunction more often in various ways. One possible answer is the early torpedoes explosive "bubble" did not apply all of its force to actually destroy the prop, only the visual model. Sound silly and it is, but its a old bug with SH 4 solved but rears its ugly head in certain ships.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote