Old 02-26-22, 11:29 PM   #597
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
#1 Enabled
#2 Did not know this. Most of the saves have had these. Will remember this.
#3 Only happened twice, but not for awhile.
#4 Good to know.
#5 Good to know.
#5a Did that already.
#6 Done that.

I never install any of my games in the default directory.

Have you had any issue when sunk getting a CTD? Just got hammered by 2 DD's and due to flooding and not being able to blow emergency, I went below crush depth and when the screen starts to fade to black, I CTD.

Okay, #2(saving near contacts etc) is now a prime suspect of your CTD.

If the issue persists, I would suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall once again.

Also, if do have another CTD on a clean save file, not saved within range of any contact etc. If you can, note the date/time/location(coordinates if possible)/Class of sub are in, and circumstances. This makes it much easier to nail down a suspect when searching for cause of CTD.

I have had game CTD before when I was killed, just twice, not from getting hit by depth charge though, was from a torpedo/hit hit. I considered myself dead, as sub would be from torpedo hit anyways but yea should not CTD.

I have yet to have this happen in new version, think it has to do with sim not liking my rebuild of damage model, it works and is overall stable but sometimes does not like the changes made. SH 4 can be a very finicky program. I have refined the model for next release and as said, no CTD as of yet.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote