Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Vitali Klitschko: The capital has entered the defense phase

February 25, 2022, 2:19 p.m.

https://kyivcity.gov.ua/news/vitaliy..._fazu_oboroni/

(Using google translate)

Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said that the capital has entered the defense phase. But he urged Kyiv residents to be vigilant, careful and not to leave their homes or shelters unnecessarily. Vitali Klitschko stated this during an urgent online briefing on Kyiv TV.

“I would like to inform you about the situation in Kyiv and the actions of the city authorities in the conditions of Russian aggression and martial law in the capital. The situation is complicated and tense. Today the Russian army attacked Kyiv. After four in the morning, missile strikes were fired on residential areas of Kyiv. A residential building at 7-A Koshytsia Street was badly damaged by the rocket. Four residents of the house were injured. An elderly civilian was also injured in a collision between a Russian armored vehicle and a private car in Obolon. He is in intensive care at an ambulance. In serious condition. In connection with the approach of active hostilities, the city authorities are urging residents of Obolon district not to go outside. Because it is dangerous. Stay indoors - at home or in shelters. You can leave only if, at the signal of the air alarm, you go to the shelter. WITH map of shelters can be found on the website and social networks of the city authorities. I urge residents of other districts of Kyiv not to leave their homes or shelters. In order not to be in danger, ”Vitaliy Klitschko will address Kyiv residents.

According to the mayor, the capital has entered the defense phase.

“The city has entered the defense phase. Now in some areas of the capital shots and explosions are heard. Ukrainian military neutralizes Russian sabotage groups. The enemy is already in Kyiv. We must keep the capital that the enemy wants to bring to its knees and destroy! ” Klitschko emphasized.

According to Vitali Klitschko, all those who can defend the city must join and resist - to help Ukrainian soldiers.

"Today, the armed forces are showing heroism and self-sacrifice. For us with you. For the sake of our state. The Ukrainian army is defending Kyiv. The situation is complicated. But we believe in our Armed Forces. We support them and help in every possible way. Today, I urge Kyiv residents to be especially vigilant: to report suspicious objects and marks planted by saboteurs to adjust enemy fire. As the city government, we are doing everything possible to keep the situation under control. We ensure the functioning of the city's critical infrastructure. Infrastructure of housing and communal services. Public transport and the metro in the city are working. However, I would like to note that the Dnipro, Hydropark, Livoberezhna, Darnytsia, Chernihivska, and Lisova ground stations will not work with the Air Alarm signal. They are not safe for sheltering and transporting passengers.

He noted that in the event of an air alarm and the activation of sirens - underground stations are open to shelter residents at any time of day - to withstand the threat.
At the same time, the mayor of Kyiv called on Kyiv residents to stock up on water, food and basic necessities. Prepare warm clothes, blankets - to take them
while in shelter.

"I have said and will say again today that there is a lot of misinformation that is being spread in order to sow panic. This is also part of Russia's war against
Ukraine. Therefore, we trust only information from official sources. No matter how difficult it is, keep calm! We support our Armed Forces, which are defending us today and fighting for Ukrainian land. Fighting continues in many Ukrainian cities. And our soldiers are well "pouring" the aggressor. Today Ukraine shows itself as a country that resolutely, with dignity and selflessly defends its freedom, statehood and democratic choice! It will be difficult, because the horde is big. But we must persevere! Glory to Ukraine!" - Vitali Klitschko emphasized.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.