View Single Post
Old 02-23-22, 11:11 AM   #6
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are you "shelling out" to Windows? ie: With the game running, use Alt-Tab or Windows-D or anything to go to the desktop or another app? Do you have much running in the background of the computer (systray) while playing the game? Had you emptied the Save folder prior to using FotRSU? I had four computers (a moment of silence for the recently departed one) running FotRSU, and none had issue as you describe. I don't know about others' experiences, of course. My weakest machine was a Core Duo quad 2.1gHz, 8 gig of ram, 2x 2gig 7200rpm HD, with an nVidia 560Ti. The recently departed was a Core i5 5th gen with 8 gig of ram, a 1TB 5400 HD and onboard Intel HD Graphics, nothing spectacular as far as hardware... ??
Nope I learned not to a while ago thanks to you guys. Yes completely clean install. I've always had problems with saves and loads with vanilla too on numerous computers. It's too random to lock the problem down to anything. Just weird. For example I also will try to load a saved game, it will error out. I'll restart the computer then try again and it will load fine. Using an HP workstation Z620 with two Xeon processors, 96GB ram though neither of those features are used I'm sure, GTX 1070 SS WD blue drive C: with the operating system(win7) and two other standard hard drives E: running a raid 1 with the game on the raid. The saves naturally go to the C: drive in a separate save file for each mod. Just weird how random it is and apparently most of you guys don't have this problem. Annoying. Maybe I'm sinking too many ships?
1Patriotofmany is online   Reply With Quote