View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 08:04 PM   #520
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Testing out V 2.0 campaign, orders to landing US Army scouts in advance of invasion of Attu on 11 May 1943 (real mission Nautilus and Narwhal conducted, landing scouts five hours before scheduled landing of main forces) . Have to leave Pearl, stop at Dutch Harbor to "pick up" the scouts. Sailed into Dutch Harbor, really beautiful at dawn (will post screen shots when patrol is over).

Of course crew looks weird with non winter clothing on lol something hope to solve in this version, its on the list.

Anyways...I admittedly did not spend a lot of time testing the Alaska campaign with S boats. Plan to add fleetboat orders since they made quite a few patrols in 1942 there, operated out of Dutch Harbor temporarily...one (USS Grunion) was lost in the area. Growler knocked out three destroyers off Kiska (or Attu, cant recall which one atm)

So if you have played around in Alaskan theater, tell me about your experiences. I know the patrol orders need to be fixed, they will bein next version. Spot icebergs? I added quick a few

I plan to tweak the traffic before next release. I have the Battle of Komandorski Islands scripted pretty well and with the new settings, the cruisers engage at longer ranges, 10000-12000 yards, so get a more realistic battle vs the point blank battles used to always have.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote