Old 01-28-22, 03:20 PM   #446
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Well, as someone who who grew up on the ocean, boating sailing, deep sea trips etc, can testify it gets rather dark on open ocean with no light source, often can be difficult to see even other people on the boat when are pretty close to you, especially if wearing darker clothing (as watch crew would be) see their outline more than anything. WW II subs and ships were running blacked out, even on bridge no lights. Of course, moonlight changes visibility, fog level, position on earth, time of night etc.

I believe if the nights were any lighter in TMO Update would be back in situation where can't pull off the attacks and would be far too light for when out on the open ocean, in most cases, such as how stock etc are. A quick fix is to adjust the gamma, where it makes the sky appear light to player, easier to see things at night, but does not lighten the night and alter how the AI operates.
Gotcha... as I mentioned... had never really been out on the waters... (meaning oceans...) for any length of time, even at night... so wouldn't be aware of that varied a difference as on land. What's that expression... ya learn something new, every day... even if ya don't realize ya did, sometimes.

Goes in hand with what My Granddad said... life, is a continuous learning experience... you never stop learning, except when you pass away & may not stop, even after you pass on... for all we know.

Hmm... haven't really messed about with the gamma... will see of testing/tweaking that... thanks. Always knew about the bright factor... adjusting the brightness or darkness, through the monitor settings... but, only knew of gamma but never really messed (adjusted/tweaked) with it.

M. M.