View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 06:10 AM   #263
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Instead, NATO told him politely to Stuff It.
NATO states' behaviour clearly signals that they will not militarily intervene. To what degree economic threats intimidate Putin remains to be seen. But I know the gas and electricity prices in Germany, and they do not look pleasant.

Meanwhile the US agreed that the three small Baltic states deliver US-made Javelin ATGMs and Stingers SAMs to the Ukraine. Both are desperately needed, the Ukraine is very weak in air defences. Stingers however have a short leg only, but they hurt the Sovjets badly in Afghanistan, and forced them to change operation tactics. Javelins mostly have a range of 2.5 km, some versions demonstrated ranges in excess of 4 km, I do not know how it is with the export version, but Javelins can be used against hovering helicopters as well, a bonus especially for the Ukrainian forces. Against tanks it can also use pop-up attacks to go after the thin roof armour. - In SBP I hate Javelins, but then in SBP players quickly learn to hate ANY type of ATGM.

These three states, being in the focus of Russian threat and attention themselves already, put Germany to shame. I wonder how many they can afford to give away without putting themselves at risk of being undersupplied.

And NZZ reports that the number of air transports sent by the UK earlier this week had a minimum of eight and not just five flights as earlier reported, amongst other goods they brought 1000 Next Generation Light Anti-Tank Weapons, whatever that might be (never heard of that system designation, but the n I know nothing about British equipment expect MBTs and a few of the IFVs, I find it all very confusing with that British stuff on wheels).

Last edited by Skybird; 01-21-22 at 06:29 AM.