s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1118
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I discover the problem in my installation, WITH and WITHOUT FBIQ:

The addin 802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu...

This mod changes the Torpedoes_US.dat file in some way the S class boat causes CTD. Not with the others subs, so I think is the Mk. 10 fish in the pigboats the badass.

If you add this mod to FOTRSU 1.7 you will have a CTD with the S class. It was compatible until v1.6P but it seems with the new v1.7 causes problems. Do you test the addin on V1.7? I use the latest addins for 1.7, and the TMO torp tex is causing my CTDs. I tried with and without the 802 addin, and ever had a CTD with it, and all works fine without it.

Of course is not a problem of FBIQ. With and without this mod, CTDs with pigboats appears when you have the 802 addin.

BTW, with the fabulous interiors, I have a constant 30 FPS fixed via Nvidia Inspector, 1/2 frequency (30/60 Hz). Also, I can run from bow to stern the old piggy and all runs flawesly.

If you could test the 802 addin, verify please if you have a CTD charging a S class with it. If we can confirm this, that addin shouldn´t be used until it is repaired.

All this need verification in other installations. My FOTRSU 1.7 now is working very well, with FBIQ but without the 802 addin.

Many thanks for all the support

I continue to investigate the issue with the periscope wake mod. Comparing with S3D the dat files...No solution at this moment.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
My Apologies Fitzcarraldo,

Good investigation work, this is the culprit of the CTD, as I have just had the same thing happen with that mod installed, normally I do not use any of these, so would not have spotted this.
I will look into this straight away.

+++Update+++
Problem CTD traced and corrected...

Root cause;
The author of "802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu" added different texture calls to > data > Library > Torpedo_US.dat, and in this process they gave node 26 a new ID, which was not needed.
And also gave the node a new name, again not needed, and did not link the change of ID to the sim file etc, so anyone using this mod, may have had problems during the game.

vickers03 and his great - Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN, is based on the default files within FotRSU, so would not be aware of this "other mod" and the different ID found within it during his testing.
To fix the problem, I gave Node 26 back it's original FotRSU ID, it now re-links to the sim file and is now CTD free when running alongside "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN"

Really sorry for the issues this caused guys, expect a patch out very soon to fix this and the date issues raised by Torpedobait.
In the meantime, the Add-on pak, will be checked for anymore surprises.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 12-26-21 at 07:08 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote