View Single Post
Old 12-26-21, 06:51 AM   #4070
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The scary thing about this is, I spent like 3 days building a spreadsheet, and used that as the "model" for the flotillas, boat and mission assignments, part of which can be seen in the "BoatsByMonth.pdf" file in the Support folder... So how I missed the date of the Flotilla 21 ending, I don't know, but it was supposed to be May of 1942, not April. The reason for the delay in Fremantle showing as the base to change to is a combination of the game, the way it operates, the transfer, and in the fact that the configuration for your boat, even though you transferred, still doesn't match. I don't think waiting longer would have worked for Albany. You would have had to wait until May 17, 1942 at least, and it may still have failed. The "fix" is easy enough, thankfully. In the meantime, the base changes are now rather a shotgun affair. So a skipper has to really watch the bases and the radio messages, hence the new pdf. The radio is supposed to drop the player to 1x TC when something important comes across, and not for the "Ship sunk..." messages anymore. So all messages about bases are going to bring you back to 1x, and should not mention any particular base or command anymore, but rather "withdraw to the Malayan Barrier". It is still up to the player to look at those, and / or look at the anchors. No matter how the "address" is set-up in those radio messages, they are still basically "broadcast" messages that go to everybody. So you get Pearl messages in Alaska and Australia, etc... It'd be really nice to have "Command Specific" stuff, but not possible, the way the game is... btw - thanks for the details!
Glad I could help, and thanks for saving me the trouble of going back to Darwin to try for Albany again! Good job all around, Props. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, and the entire SubSim membership.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote