View Single Post
Old 12-25-21, 12:01 PM   #4062
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Started in Asiatic Fleet with USS Searaven out of Cavite on 12/10/1941. After Manila, Subic Bay, and Mariveles fell was assigned to return to Darwin, reaching there on 12/30/1941.

Left Darwin on 02/19/1942 and almost immediately ran into an IJN Battle Group - sank a Hiyo and ran off due to the shallow water and large number of DD's looking for me. Shortly after that received a notice that Darwin was no longer a Base.

However, now on 03/11/1942 I still do not have an assigned base. I have checked every base from England to Fremantle. No tilted anchor anywhere.

I'm guessing there is a date problem somewhere (?), but it appears i will be on endless patrol if I stay with this career.

Please advise!

EDIT: Oh, and where are my manners? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL SUBSIMERS! AND A HAPPY, SAFE NEW YEAR!
Merry Christmas.

Jumping in here.......

your situation appears to be caused by a NULL value in the one of the related bases. i have been where you are, previously.
however, in looking at Flotillas.UPC file, neither Darwin nor Albany bases are coded with a NULL for one of their dates.
check your version of the Flotillas file and see if they have these values:

Flotilla 21.Base 2
AvailabilityInterval=1942-12-12, 1942-02-28

Flotilla 21.Base 3
ID=Albany NS
AvailabilityInterval=1942-03-01, 1942-04-15

i've deleted the extraneous lines in the Bases in an effort to clear away the unrelated info.
let us know if your file has the same values.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote