Old 12-22-21, 03:56 PM   #4044
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
Howdy and Merry Christmas,
I have a fresh install of U-Boat Missions from Steam. Can someone point me at a definitive step by step how to guide for getting this new FOTRSU going? I have modded SH3 a lot
but had the use of JSGME and Blitzkrieg's tools which made things largely automatic, particularly the whole moving of the game out of Program Files and I am fearful of screwing this up.

Thank you
Merry Christmas doubled, back atcha! The best article I have found for Steam is on the Steam Support Knowledgebase site Moving a Steam Installation and Games, which walks you through the "easy" ways of doing it. If you have a desktop with multiple hard drives, or partitioins that are usable, as well as a fast external drive and good connection, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on a different hard drive, and avoid have to move the rest of your Steam Library. No matter which way you go though, it will take a while because of the nature of Steam and its licensing scheme. As for installation / activation of the mod itself, page one This Thread has all sorts of info, a lot of it hiding in the "Spoiler" tag buttons, which are used to "un-crowd" the page. Also, in the mod itself, in the support folder, are all sorts of pdf files, of which at least two apply directly. "Activating Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition.pdf" and "Install Notes For SH4.pdf". The Install Notes is mostly for a "disk" version of the game, but most of it does apply to a Steam install, other than the fact that the Steam install does the DirectX v9 and Codecs parts for you "automatically" now... Once you have the mod activated, there is a "01_FotRSU_Support_TOC.bat" file put in the game's root directory, that can be used to start the "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf" file, which the pdf can be "run" on its own from inside the Support folder at anytime.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote