View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 03:07 PM   #4022
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just to be sure, but you have v1.4 of the game listed, and your finger just did a propbeanie right? It should be v1.5, correct? Next, I highlight in orange what NOT to do, unless you delete that Save folder before running FotRSU. You probably have a mix of Stock and FotRSU in your folder. You should be able to use 128x on the F5 map with lots going on around you. 256x might sutter some. Dependent upon the load, you might have to 64x, like at about 0900 hours Manila, this dude is hightailing it south:

That is our Long Island stunt double for the Langley hightailing it to Balikpapen and then Darwin, to finally go to Fremantle and then be sunk enroute to Tilatjap. (Too much information!!!) Anyway, there should be a green circle around the Manila Bay / Cavite area. If you start at Mariveles, you are outside that circle, of course, but it is not as "necessary" out there, due to the already reduced traffic of the area. But, delete your Save folder and try again. You should not have to re-do the mod. You might also check on the read / write status of the SH4.exe file, and make certain the LAA (or 4Gig Patch) is definitely properly set on the SH4.exe file.
That was indeed a fat finger. I did load a new copy of v1.5. However, I did not check the Read Only box to see what might have happened there. Also, my map looks "funny". All jagged edges on the land masses, no relief details, and no circles. I'll go check it all again.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote