View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 03:01 PM   #4019
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Followed standard procedures: Deleted entire SH4 folder from Documents; Deleted the game from my Ubisoft folder on G: drive; copied a pristine v1.4 SH4 to a new Ubisoft sub-folder on the G: drive; applied LAA to new SH4.exe; Downloaded and extracted FOTRU 1.7 to the MODS folder; ran SH4 one time without the Mod to set sound and graphics (did not leave the Main Menu); then applied the FOTRSU 1.7 mod via JSGME with NO other Mods.

I love the fast load of the game and the career start. Started a new career out of Manila on December 9 in the Sturgeon. Got the mission to patrol just North of Luzon, leaving on 12/10. Got underway, set the torpedos and a course to the patrol area. Drew 10.2 NM Circles around Manila, Mariveles, and Subic Bay to know the boundaries. Set speed to Ahead Full and then I increased TC to 256, and BOOM - CTD.

Tried the mission twice after reloading the game. Same results, both at about 25NM outside Manila Bay (I'm guessing). The first time I had two programs running in the background by mistake. I shut them off before starting the second time but had same results there. Btw, both times i was in the F5 map view when it crashed. Did not observe any other activity on the map (Map Contacts ON).

I suspect TC, but my gear should be able to handle that and a lot more. Are you saying that I can no longer use a half-way decent TC? Or did I miss a procedure?
Just to be sure, but you have v1.4 of the game listed, and your finger just did a propbeanie right? It should be v1.5, correct? Next, I highlight in orange what NOT to do, unless you delete that Save folder before running FotRSU. You probably have a mix of Stock and FotRSU in your folder. You should be able to use 128x on the F5 map with lots going on around you. 256x might sutter some. Dependent upon the load, you might have to 64x, like at about 0900 hours Manila, this dude is hightailing it south:

That is our Long Island stunt double for the Langley hightailing it to Balikpapen and then Darwin, to finally go to Fremantle and then be sunk enroute to Tilatjap. (Too much information!!!) Anyway, there should be a green circle around the Manila Bay / Cavite area. If you start at Mariveles, you are outside that circle, of course, but it is not as "necessary" out there, due to the already reduced traffic of the area. But, delete your Save folder and try again. You should not have to re-do the mod. You might also check on the read / write status of the SH4.exe file, and make certain the LAA (or 4Gig Patch) is definitely properly set on the SH4.exe file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote